Search This Blog

Monday 30 September 2013

I should have stayed in bed

It's never a good sign when you get to the skytrain station and you hear the indistinct mumbling of an announcement over the skytrain PA system before you even hit the platform. All I managed to hear on my way up the escalator was "...trains will be held at or outside stations longer than usual." Never a good sign.

Now I've been on the skytrain for almost half an hour and have traveled two whole stations! There was another announcement that there was a medical emergency at Columbia (which obviously sucks worse for that person, but seriously, that's like the worst station to have a delay). Then to add insult to injury, I'm stuck on a train that's having trouble with its doors. Now that wouldn't be so bad if they were just stuck open or closed or halfway, but no ...they keep trying to close, but they don't stay that way. So we sit at the station listening to the repeated 'ding, ding, ding' of the doors closing then opening, closing then opening, closing then opening ... It's like Chinese water torture. I think the whole skytrain is starting to feel homicidal.

I would ask what else could go wrong, but I don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment