Search This Blog

Sunday 7 April 2013

Why Blog?

I ride transit to school regularly, and have for 9 years now. Long story short: people do stupid things on transit and I like to complain about it. I'd love to yell at people to their faces, but you never know what kind of crazies are on transit, and I don't want to get knifed to death on the skytrain. So instead, I took to posting the dumb things I saw to my facebook profile.

For statuses that are basically me complaining about other people, my transit updates seem quite popular among my facebook friends. My real life friends also frequently tell me how much they look forward to my transit rants and that I should write a book or blog about my experiences. Add to that the fact that some of my statuses were getting so long that I discovered my facebook app had a status character limit and here I am.

What you should know about this blog:

  • I don't just complain about theoretical annoyances. Anything I post has happened or is happening to or around me on transit. 
  • You will probably read about the same pet peeve over and over again in different guises. This is because people do the same dumb things over and over again. 
  • I may write a post complaining about something you do or have done on transit. I'm just gonna go ahead and say #sorrynotsorry right now. I'm sure I've annoyed my fellow transit riders on occasion too. We all have different opinions about what we find irritating; this is mine.  

I look forward to sharing the worst parts of my commute with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment