Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Taking one for the team

We've all seen them at one time or another: guys on the skytrain or bus taking up more than their share of seats by sitting with their legs so wide apart that I can only assume they are trying to air out an uncomfortable herpes outbreak.
Today, I sat next to one. I got on an Expo Line train that was full to the brim and yet no one dared sit next to him yet. Well, if you think I was letting him get away with that, you have another thing coming. Sure, it was uncomfortable for me, but my personal space bubble has gotten used to being in a perpetual state of discomfort while on transit. Since I'm already uncomfortable, I have made it my mission to make a point that these men cannot have two seats on a crowded train.
Whether the lesson sticks or not, I don't know, but I like to think that for that ride at least, they are as uncomfortable as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment